Skip to content
Start main Content


文化管理文学硕士课程 - 常见问题



Am I eligible for admission?

Applicants must fulfill the entry requirement of Master’s programme stated on the Graduate School website at

  • Graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
  • Graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
  • Completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.


What is the English Language Proficiency Requirement?

  • Applicants must submit the original score report of one of the following tests:
    • TOEFL (not lower than 550 paper based, 213 computer based, and 79 internet based);
    • IELTS (Academic) (overall band score of not lower than 6.5);
    • GMAT (Verbal not lower than 21);
  • Or possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
    • Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level);
    • Hong Kong Higher Level Examination;
    • CUHK Matriculation Examination;
  • Or achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination;
  • Or have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country,
  • Or have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.


For the Confidential Recommendation Form, should the referees be from the academic field?

The referee can be a teacher, professor or academic advisor who is well acquainted with your current academic performance. Or someone who knows you well, such as a job supervisor, volunteer advisor, etc.


What is the word limit for the personal statement?

There is no actual word limit, around one to two pages of A4 paper, written in English.


Do I need to attend any interviews or tests?

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview or written test as part of the admission process.


When is the application deadline?

The application is open from November to February every year. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged. For the exact date, please refer to the Graduate School website at


When will I receive the notification of my application result?

Application results will be posted on the Graduate School website (taught programmes) from February to June every year. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they do not hear from us thereafter.


(For non-local applicants) How can I apply for a valid visa to study in Hong Kong?

If you are admitted to our programme, we will assist you to apply for entry permit from the Hong Kong Immigration Department and send the permit to you by courier. You are also required to apply for a valid exit permit from your country. For details, please refer to the Graduate School website at


(For non-local applicants) Is accommodation provided by the University?

The University does not provide accommodation for postgraduate students of self-financed taught programmes. Students are responsible for their own accommodation.


Will there be any opportunity for local/overseas internship?

The Programme offers CULS5322 Practicums every year. It provides opportunities of practical work at local and overseas cultural institutions for four to six weeks. Students could take it as a special elective course. But a selection process is required as the opportunities are limited. For details, please refer to Practicums.