- Practical Theology in Asia
- Asia Theology and Postcolonialism
- Contextual Theology
- Cross-cultural and Interfaith Pastoral Care and Christian Counseling
- Seeking a Contextual Understanding of Interfaith Encounter in Christian Pastoral Care Settings in a Non-Western and Non-Christian Postsecular Society (GRF project; since 2020)
- Provision of Service of Revising Learning Resource on Normative Ethics (Knowledge transferred projected funded by Education Bureau, HKSAR Govt; completed in 2017)
- Protestant Death Rituals, Continuing Bonds between the Living and the Dead, and Bereavement Care (GRF project; completed in 2016)
- Postcoloniality, Resistance, and the History of Asian Theology in the 1970s-Reclaiming the Resistance of Theological Indigenization (Completed in 2016)
- Investigating the Postcolonial Resistance in Asian Theologies - Two Indigenous Chinese Christian Thinkers as Case Studies (Direct Grants project; completed in 2013
- Toward a Revision of Hope-based Christian Counseling Approaches with a Mutually Critical Correlational Analysis (GRF project; completed in 2011)
- Turning Point—A Qualitative Study of Motivation of Change in Hong Kong Chinese Chronic Pain Patients (Co-Investigator)
- Kwan, Simon Shui-Man, and Wai-Yin Chow, eds. Asian Spirituality and Social Transformation. Singapore: Springer Nature, 2022.
- Kwan, Simon Shui-Man. “Is Hospitality Enough for Interfaith Spiritual Care by Christians?” Practical Theology 15, no. 3 (2022): 206–18.
- ——— . “Decolonizing ‘Protestant’ Death Rituals for the Chinese Bereaved: Negotiating a Resistance that is Contextually Relevant.” International Journal of Practical Theology 25, no. 2 (2021): 243–62.
- Kwan, Simon Shui-Man, and Greg Anderson. “Hong Kong.” In World Christian Encyclopedia, edited by Todd M. Johnson and Gina A. Zurlo, Third edition., 372–75. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2020.
- Kwan, Simon Shui-Man. "Practical Theologies in Chinese Speaking Societies—a Cross-Cultural Consideration." International Journal of Practical Theology 24, no. 2 (2020): 1-24.
- ———. "Wrestling with God in Context—Revisiting the Theology and Social Vision of Shoki Coe (Review)." International Journal of Asian Christianity 3 (2020): 245-46.
- ———. "Asian Theologies." "Colonial Church: An Asian Case Study." "Contextual Theology." "Postcolonial Theology and Mission." In Encyclopedia of Christianity in the Global South, edited by Mark A. Lamport. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield, 2018.
- ———. "Negotiating the Meaning of Spirituality in Holistic Health Care from a Chinese Perspective." Practical Theology 11, no. 1 (2018): 17-28.
- ———. Negotiating a Presence-Centred Christian Counselling: Towards a Theologically Informed and Culturally Sensitive Approach. Newcastle: CSP, 2016.
- ———. "Interrogating the Telos of Creation—Re-Reading Genesis 1 in Light of the Umbrella Movement in Hong Kong." In Doing Theology with Local Wisdom and People Spirituality: Asian Contribution to Theology of Creation and Wider Ecumenism, edited by Programme For Theology and Culture in Asia, 48-80. Tainan, Taiwan: PTCA, 2016.
- ———. QUEST—Studies on Religion & Culture in Asia Vols. 1-5 (Journal editor since 2016)
- ———. “The Construct of ‘Hope’ in Spiritual Care—An Empirical Exploration of Its Contextualization [In Chinese].” Hill Road [山道期刊] 34 (2014): 107-126.
- ———. Postcolonial Resistance and Asian Theology. London; New York: Routledge, 2014.
>> Click here to Prof. KWAN's profile on Divinity School of Chung Chi College website.