"Note: Admission review will NOT start unless ALL the following documents are received and ALL application produces have been completed."
After submitting an online application, applicants are required to upload scanned copies of the following supporting documents to the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes by the dadline.
You must submit the following supporting documents to our general office in order to complete your application. (Room 301, Leung Kau Kui Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong) by the application deadline. (Please mark "MA in ICS Application" with your name and application number on the envelope)
- Full official transcript (with grading scheme) of all tertiary level studies ( If your transcript does not indicate the grading scheme(积分说明), please send the grading scheme which MUST indicate your grade, such as 90-100 A grade, 80-90 B grade, 70-80 C grade with Registrar’s chop (教务处 & 教务处印章) etc, to us via post to our progamme immediately;
- Copies of all tertiary certificates of academic/professional qualifications (e.g. 学士学位证书及毕业证书);
- Proof of English language proficiency;
- Confidential recommendations from two referees respectively*;
- Assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained for degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration.
- Copies of identity card or passport; and
- CV & 2 questions;
- Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate issued by the CHESICC**
**Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部学历证书电子注册备案表) issued by the CHESICC (学信网) together with other supporting documents. Please refer to the official website of the CHESICC on the sample of the Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate at https://www.chsi.com.cn/xlcx/bgys.jsp.
- The University may require applicants to submit additional information or documentary proof if deemed necessary.
* Official transcripts and confidential recommendations must reach respective Graduate Divisions directly from the University and referees, or in sealed envelopes and sent by the applicant with other supporting documents to our department.
- Scanned copies of transcripts are accepted for issuing the admission offers. Admitted students are required to submit original copies of those official documents for verification by the conditions fulfillment deadline. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to register and commence studies at the University.
- Some universities may only issue electronic official transcripts to other institutions. In that event, official electronic transcripts should be sent to relevant Graduate Division directly from the issuing university.
- Certificates and transcripts that are not in English or Chinese should be accompanied by an official certified translation in English.
- TOEFL and IELTS are considered valid for two years from the test date. GMAT is considered valid for five years from the test date.