(This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund.)
The Continuing Education Fund (CEF) subsidises adults with learning aspirations to pursue continuing education and training. Eligible applicants may submit unlimited number of claims for reimbursement of fees up to a maximum sum of HK$25,000 within one year upon successful completion of CEF reimbursable courses. The co-payment ratios by learners for the first HK$10,000 subsidy is 20% of the course fee and that for the second HK$15,000 subsidy is 40% of the course fee.
Applicants should be:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, or holders of one-way permit from the Mainland China.
- Aged 18 or above when the CEF reimbursable course commences and the application for fee reimbursement must be submitted within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course.
Information of Reimbursed Course (Applicable to students admitted in 2021-22 and therafter)
When submitting the CEF application form, applicants must provide the following information:
- Institution Name and Code: The Chinese University of Hong Kong (002)
- CEF Course Name and Code: Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies (37M129733)
How to Claim Reimbursement
- Interested applicants should complete the CEF application form ( [SFO 313 (2022)] ). It can be obtained from CEF Office, or Home Affairs Enquiry Centres, or downloaded from the CEF website. Fill out the details of the CEF application form and submit to the responsible staff at Department Office (Graduate Division of Religious Studies) with tuition receipt for verification and sealing after the completion of the course concerned. A Letter of Certification will be issued to students who have successfully completed and passed the claimed course and fulfilled the attendance requirement.
- “Successful completion” of the course means that the claimants must fulfill the graduation requirement, pass all the courses as well as have at least 70% attendance.
- Students should then submit the completed CEF application form, the Letter of Certification, together with copies of supporting documents (such as copy of HKID card, tuition receipt, transcript, bank passport/statement) to the CEF Office.
For more details about the procedures of application of reimbursement, please visit the link below.
Continuing Education Fund - Reimbursement Procedures (Applicable to CEF reimbursable courses commenced from 1 April 2019 to 31 July 2022) (wfsfaa.gov.hk)
Continuing Education Fund - Reimbursement Procedures (Applicable to CEF reimbursable courses commenced on or after 1 August 2022) (wfsfaa.gov.hk)
- The above information is for reference only. Students should contact the CEF Office for the most updated information and relevant application form.
Procedures for Dealing with Student Complaints